P. A. Yeomans
First Method: Water Harvesting (0:00-09:46) and (10:50-13:40)
Second Method: The Keyline Plan (09:47-10:49)
Two methods of farm water management which have received much publicity and which have been advocated as being applicable under a wide variety of conditions and purposes.
The first of these, known as Water Harvesting, has been developed by Mr H J Geddes at the Sydney University McGarvie-Smith Animal Husbandry Farm at Badgery's Creek, near Liverpool in New South Wales.
The second, known as The Keyline Plan, has been developed by Mr P A Yeomans on his properties at North Richmond, New South Wales, and other places.
Source: NSW Trade & Investment
(from the sleeve notes)
E.J. Breakwell (1956, June). Water Harvesting and Keyline: An Analysis, The Riverlander
Burton, J.R. (1957). Engineering Aspects of Water Harvesting and The Keyline Plan. Sydney, NSW: Water Research Foundation of Australia Ltd.
Yeomans, P.A. (1965, 1968). Water For Every Farm. The K G Murray Publishing Company Pty Ltd, Sydney NSW. p208
(each out of print)
Yeomans, K.B. (1993, 2002, 2003, 2008). Water for Every Farm: Yeomans Keyline Plan. Southport, QLD: Keyline Designs. p313
Engineering Aspects of Water Harvesting & The Keyline Plan-Multi Storage Complexes (J R Burton) 1957
(out of print)
P A Yeomans wrote the following four books in five formats (each out of print):
1. Yeomans, P.A. (1954). The Keyline Plan. Sydney, NSW: P.A. Yeomans
2. Yeomans, P.A. (1958). The Challenge of Landscape. Sydney, NSW: Keyline Publishing Pty Ltd.
3. Yeomans, P.A. (1965, 1968). Water For Every Farm. Sydney, NSW: The K.G. Murray Publishing Company Pty Ltd.
4. Yeomans, P.A. (1971). The City Forest. Sydney, NSW: Keyline Publishing Pty Ltd.
5. Yeomans, P.A. (1978). Water For Every Farm Using The Keyline Plan. Sydney, NSW: Murray Book Distributors Pty Ltd.
or Yeomans, P.A. (1981). Water For Every Farm Using The Keyline Plan. Katoomba, NSW: Second Back Row Press Pty Ltd.
Additionally, P A Yeomans' academic colleague wrote (out of print):
6. Holmes, J.M. (1960). The Geographical Basis of Keyline. Sydney, NSW: Angus & Robertson Pty Ltd.
Rights Release: Department of Agriculture-NSW/Australian Wheat Board (31 Oct 2011)
Thanks go to Geoff Booth for telecine transferring this film and then digitizing this video.
(Translate & Speak Website: http://imtranslator.net/translate-and-speak/)